The Head of the Institute of Computational Mechanics and Optimization (Co.Mec.O) is Professor Georgios E. Stavroulakis.
- Professional Activities
|Georgios E. Stavroulakis, Professor|
Dr. Civil Engineer, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
|Tel. : +302821037418, Fax: +302821037486||e-mail: gestavrdpem.tuc.gr|
|Born and grown up in Chania, Crete, Greece|
Diploma of Civil Engineering with highest honours (9.20/10), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
|Phd with honours, Department of Civil Engineer, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece|
|Habilitation and venia legendi for mechanics, Department of Civil Engineering, Carolo Wilhelmina Technical University, Braunschweig, Germany.|
|Associate Professor of Mechanics, Department of Mathematics, University of Ioannina, Greece|
|Professor, Department of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece|
|Head of the Department of Production Engineering and Management|
|Deputy Rector of the Technical University of Crete|
- NACO - Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization, http://aimsciences.org/journals/naco/board_B.htm
- International Journal of Engineering and Management
- Co-Editor of the: Book Series on Stability, Vibration and Control of Systems World Scientific Publishers (from 2003, member of advisory board).
- Member of the Editorial Board: Journal of Global Optimization Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Member of the Advisory Board:Book Series Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board: Book Series Modern Mechanics and Mathematics Chapman & Hall, CRC Press.
- Co-Organiser (with Prof. J. Haslinger) and Lecturer, Advanced School on ‘ Nonsmooth Mechanics of Solids ’, October 4-8, 2004, International Centre for Mechanical Sciences (CISM), Udine, Italy.
- Co-Organiser (with Prof. Z. Mroz) and Lecturer, Advanced School on ‘ Parameter Identification of Materials and Structures ’, October 6-10, 2003, International Centre for Mechanical Sciences (CISM), Udine, Italy (CISM Course No. 251).
- Lecturer, Advanced School Recent Advances in Boundary Element Methods and Their Solid Mechanics Applications , July 2-6, 2001, International Centre for Mechanical Sciences (CISM), Udine, Italy.
- Organizer and Co-Chairman of 10th HSTAM International Congress on Mechanics, 25-27 May 2013, Chania, Greece
- Co-Organizer and Co-Chairman of the 7th GRACM International Congress on Computational Mechanics, 30 June-2 July 2011, Athens, Greece.
- CST2010: The Tenth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology,Valencia, Spain, 14-17 September 2010
- AMSE International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Prague, 22-25 June, 2010.
- Organizer of the 5th Contact Mechanics International Symporium, Chania, Crete, April 28-30, 2009
- MS’08 Jordan International Conference on Modeling and Simulation, Petra, Jordan, 18-20 November, 2008 , http://www.ahu.edu.jo/ms08jordan/
- Minisymposium co-organizer, WCCM8-ECCOMAS2008 Conference, Venice, Italy, 30 June – 4 July 2008 http://www.iacm-eccomascongress2008.org
- Member of the organising committee Second International Conference on Nonsmooth/Nonconvex Mechanics with Applications in Engineering, July 7-8, 2006, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Member of the Scientific and Industrial Committee on Optimization and Control, European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering , July 24-28, 2004, Jyvaeskylae, Finland
- Invited Speaker Workshop on Auxetics and Other Systems of Special Mechanical Properties (AUXET) , Poznan, Poland , June 2004.
- Invited Speaker Workshop on Contact Mechanics and Thin Structures: Asymptotic and Numerical Methods , Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 16-18 February 2004.
- Invited Speaker International Colloquium in Honour of the 80th Birthday of Jean Jacques Moreau , Montpellier, France, 17-19 November 2003.
- Invited Speaker School on Modelling, Control and Numerical Simulation of Smart Systems , Pavia, Italy , 15-19 September, 2004.
- Co-organizer (with Prof. G. Maier), Minisymposium on Identification Problems for Materials and Structures , within the 5th ESMC EUROMECH Solid Mechanics Conference , Thessaloniki, Greece, 17-22 August, 2003.
- Invited Speaker, 9th Greek Congress on Mathematical Analysis , September 5-7, 2002, Chania, Greece
- Member of the Organising Committee IUTAM Symposium Duality, Complementarity and Symmetry in Nonlinear Mechanics , August 13-16, 2002, Shanghai, China
- Member of the International Congress Committee International Conference on Mechatronics , July 3-6, 2002, Linz, Austria
- Member of the Organizing Committee International Conference on Nonsmooth/Nonconvex Mechanics with Applications in Engineering, In Memoriam of Professor P.D. Panagiotopoulos, July 5-6, 2002, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Member of the Scientific Committee 4th Greek Association of Computational Mechanics Conference , June 27-29, 2002, Patras, Greece
- Member of the International Congress Committee Second Intern. Conference on Acoustics, Noise and Vibration , August 6-8, 2001, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Member of the Organising Committee 3rd WSES Intern. Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Mechanical Engineering (MCME 2001) , July 8-15, 2001, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece
- Prof. Georgios E. Stavroulakis was elected member of the executive board of the Hellenic Society of Theoretical & Applied Mechanics (HSTAM) for the period 2013-2016.
Prof. Georgios E. Stavroulakis was elected member of the executive board and president of the Greek Association of Computational Mechanics (GRACM) for the period 2011-2014.
- Prof. G.E. Stavroulakis has been proposed by GRACM and appointed member of the Computational Applied Mathematics Commitee of ECCOMAS.
Reviewer during the last year for over 20 scientific journals and international conferences (such as ZAMM, Computers and Structures, Computational and Applied Mathematics, Engineering Structures, Zentrallblatt fuer Mathematik, Intern. Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, ZUSA-Journal of Zhejiang University- Science A)
Courses at the Department of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete (2006-today):
Compact courses at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany(2000-today):
- Optimierung in der Mechanik (in German)
- Nichtglatte Mechanik (in German)
Courses at the Department of Mathematics, University of Ioannina, Greece (2000-2005)
- Classical Mechanics
- Mathematical Theory of Elasticity
- Mathematical Physics
- Topics in Mechanics
- Computational Mechanics FEM1
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies (Postgraduate course)
- Topics from the physics of deformable bodies (Postgraduate course)
Courses at the Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany (1998-2000):
- Technical Mechanics III
- Dynamic of Structures
- Theory of Elasticity (Postgraduate course)
The research activities of Professor George E. Stavroulakis are focused on the development of theory, algorithms and software for the solution of modern computational mechanics and optimization problems. The development of scientific software deals with topics of structural analysis, computational mechanics and optimization as well as the support of relevant research and development activities, in close cooperation with various partners.
List of Research Activities
List of Research Programs
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CRETE
Department of Production Engineering and Management
Institute of Computational Mechanics and Optimization
University Campus, Kounoupidiana, 73100 Chania, GREECE
Tel. : +30 2821037418, Fax: +30 2821037486, Mobile Phone: +30 6977308828