Assistant Professor,  Technical University of Crete
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Phone:+30 28210 37460.
Distributed parameter systems. Delay systems. Nonlinear control. Switched systems. Control of large-scale complex systems. Adaptive control and learning systems.
Applications: Traffic flow control & estimation. Control of connected and automated vehicles. Biological systems. Occupancy detection in smart buildings. Automotive catalysts. 3D Printing/Extruders. Oil drilling. Networked control systems.
PArtial Differential Equation model-based COntrol of Traffic flow (PADECOT), HORIZON 2020, Marie Sklodowska-Curie IF
Students (Highly motivated students to perform MS/diploma thesis, contact me.)
- Assistant Professor (2019--current), Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow (2017--2019), Department of Production Engineering & Management, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering (2015--2017), Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Production Engineering & Management (2015--2017), Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
Lab director: Markos Papageorgiou
- Postdoctoral researcher in the Departments of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (2013--2015), University of California, Berkeley
Lab director: Alexandre Bayen
- George N. Saridis Best Transactions Paper; 2019 outstanding research paper award (best Regular Paper published in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems among all papers published within 2016-2018).
- Grade A (fully meets the European Research Council's excellence criterion) awarded for 2020 ERC Starting Grant proposal "INSPIRA", ERC (PE7 panel).
- Member of the research team, receiving the 2018 IEEE ITS Outstanding Application Award from the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society for Contributions in Vehicle Automation and Communication Systems and Applications.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Grant (about 13.5% of the submitted proposals was funded in the 2016 Reintegration scheme), European Commission, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies (UBICOMM), 2015.
- Chancellor's Dissertation Medal in Engineering (Best Dissertation Award in Engineering among 150 PhDs granted in 2013), Jacobs School of Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2014.
- Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2013.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, UC San Diego, 2012.
- Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, 2010.
- Jacobs Fellow, Jacobs School of Enginerring, UC San Diego, 2008.
- Associate Editor for Automatica. 2019--current
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2019--current
- Guest Editor for the International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, special issue: Robust Adaptive Control: Legacies and Horizons.
- Guest Editor for the Transportation Research Part C, special issue: Management of Future Motorway and Urban Traffic Systems
- Associate Editor for the 2020--2022 European Control Conference.
- Associate Editor for the 2019 IEEE International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing.
- Associate Editor for the 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems.
- Associate Editor for the 2018--2020, 2022 IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company (2012)
Technical Report : ``PDE-Based Control of the Oxygen Storage Level in Three-Way Catalytic Converters: Further Results and Experimental Validation"
- Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company (2011)
Technical Report : ``PDE-Based Control of the Oxygen Storage Level in Three-Way Catalytic Converters"