Technical University of Crete
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Phone:+30 28210 37460.
Distributed parameter systems. Delay systems. Nonlinear control. Adaptive control. Switched systems.
Applications: Traffic flow control & estimation. Control of connected and automated vehicles. Occupancy detection in smart buildings. Automotive catalysts. 3D Printing/Extruders. Oil drilling. Networked control systems.
PArtial Differential Equation model-based COntrol of Traffic flow (PADECOT), HORIZON 2020, Marie Sklodowska-Curie IF
- Linear Systems (SYS 401), Undergraduate, Winter 2015, 2016, 2019.
- Control Theory With Applications (SYS 402), Undergraduate, Spring 2016, 2019.
- Nonlinear Systems (SYS 603), Graduate, Spring, 2019.
- Assistant Professor (2019--current), Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow (2017--2019), Department of Production Engineering & Management, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering (2015--2017), Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- Postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Production Engineering & Management (2015--2017), Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
Advisor: Markos Papageorgiou
- Postdoctoral researcher in the Departments of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (2013--2015), University of California, Berkeley
Advisor: Alexandre Bayen
- Member of the TRAMAN21 team, receiving the 2018 IEEE ITS Outstanding Application Award from the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society for Contributions in Vehicle Automation and Communication Systems and Applications.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Grant (about 13.5% of the submitted proposals was funded in the 2016 Reintegration scheme), European Commission, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies (UBICOMM), 2015.
- Chancellor's Dissertation Medal in Engineering (Best Dissertation Award in Engineering among 150 PhDs granted in 2013), Jacobs School of Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2014.
- Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2013.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, UC San Diego, 2012.
- Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, 2010.
- Jacobs Fellow, Jacobs School of Enginerring, UC San Diego, 2008.
- Associate Editor for Automatica. 2019--current
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2019--current
- Guest Editor for the International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, special issue: Robust Adaptive Control: Legacies and Horizons.
- Guest Editor for the Transportation Research Part C, special issue: Management of Future Motorway and Urban Traffic Systems
- Associate Editor for the 2020 European Control Conference.
- Associate Editor for the 2019 IEEE International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing.
- Associate Editor for the 2018, 2019 IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems.
- Associate Editor for the 2018 IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company (2012)
Technical Report : ``PDE-Based Control of the Oxygen Storage Level in Three-Way Catalytic Converters: Further Results and Experimental Validation"
- Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company (2011)
Technical Report : ``PDE-Based Control of the Oxygen Storage Level in Three-Way Catalytic Converters"